Friday 26 October 2012

Riding high in the Kindle Charts


What an amazing week it's been.

We've been settling in to our new temporary accommodation (whilst our log home is being built), which I have to admit is proving to be no great hardship. Having sold our house, we're now staying with our son, his wife, and our two little granddaughters. (You know, the ones I'm always bragging about on Twitter!). They've been out of the country on holiday for the week and due back tomorrow.

The best news is that my husband has improved immensely and continues to do so. Thing is, if he improves any more he'll be a damn nuisance!

And the next best news is that Language of Thieves, my debut novel, reached the dizzy heights of  #2 in the Kindle charts! Thank you to all those who bought it. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

That emotional high was equal to when my novel was accepted for publication last year. I cannot believe my good fortune after what I can only describe as one of the most difficult years in my entire life. Of course, these highs are short-lived and hold little substance. It was great while it lasted.

Somebody once said: "Don't take life too seriously. None of us is going to get out out of it alive."

Good advice.



4 comments:

  1. Yes, great advice. Glad to hear the good news about your husband's recovery. All the best with the new build.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Anne. I'll keep you updated with photographs as it rises, log by log! Probably be ready by Mar/Apr. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pleased to hear that things have turned a corner for you and Ed at last. As for the book sales - wow! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Bill. Just what was needed. Ed's recovery gaining pace after a very difficult year. As for Language of Thieves!!! The Gods smiled down on me that day. Sheer luck! xx

    ReplyDelete